Dr. Edward J. Jacob Memorial Scholarship
Deadline: June 10 2020 at 11:59 PM EDT (Midnight)
A $3,000 annual scholarship in the name of Dr. Edward J. Jacob will be awarded to a TJGA boy or girl member who will be pursuing post- secondary education at an accredited institution. Must meet all criteria established by committee.
It is the Donor's desire that the selection criteria utilized in selecting scholarship recipients include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Must be a current member (male or female) of theTJGA.
- Incoming or graduating high school senior.
- Must have played in at least 50% of the previous and/or current years' TJGA events. A players ability, scoring average, or successes in any or all events, are not a criteria for the scholarship award;
- Must have demonstrated consistent academic achievement, as verified by an official high school transcript submitted with the scholarship application; and
- Demonstration of sportsmanship both on and off the golf course, as exhibited by the following attributes:
- one who displays honesty and integrity.
- one who shows respect for and politeness towards noth his/her fellow competitors, and adults (especially TJGA players' parents, golf course personnel and TJGA representatives);
- one of respects the game of golf, including its traditions and rules, and who understands and demonstrates exemplary etiquette both on and off the golf course;
- one who enjoys the respect and admiration of his/her peers, and is at ease in showing these qualities in return;
- one who is friendly, soft spoken and never boastful, yet remains goal-oriented and works hard toward accomplishments with a positive attitude; and
- one who is always accountable for his/her actions.
In 2019, Grace Foor was awarded this scholarship. Her character and resume showed the scholarship committee that he more than deserved this award. Congratulations Grace, the 2019 Dr. Edward J. Jacob Scholarship winner. We congratulate her.